Monday, August 25, 2008

Finally Here!

Well I am finally here. I think the shock of all the traveling and all the other things that have been happening in the last few days has started to wear off.
It's been a really long week and now that it is over sometimes I am still trying to figure whether I am in a dream or if I am actually here.
Traveling through Texas was completely different then what we had actually expected. We were expecting flat and dry. Instead we saw rolling hills and green. Of course the green was because they had rain just a week ago so everything is green from the rain.
You know how in the movies they talk about the big Texas sky. Well, I am here to tell you that it is a real thing. There are parts of the state that as you drive, all of a sudden you look out over the land and all you see is miles and miles and miles of sky and flat land. It's beautiful!
I fell in love with that big open sky quickly.
Okay for all of you who are wondering about the bugs and the heat and all the other nasty little things that are in Texas, I haven't seen any bugs and was told I probably wouldn't because West Texas is too dry. The weather has actually been really cold. It's only been in the 90's this week.
We got lost trying to find the house. It was a little confusing, but I can tell you that I think I can find my way here if I get on the loop.
Yesterday was very busy! First we went to church and I met a whole lot of people. I have a few people that I will remember names, but I can tell you now it is going to take me awhile to remember every ones names.
Then we went to an engagement party for us and I met a whole bunch of other people that I hope I can remember there names too. I also got to meet four of Reagan's little cousins. I was very excited when they actually warmed up to me fast.
Last night I was so tired that I slept all night and when the alarm went off this morning I was amazed that it was time to get up.
Today we are going to go see the house that I am going to be living in for the next 8 months and the house that Reagan and I are buying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Alicia,
A week or so ago, Faith and I got up at 3am to view the meteor shower. With trees surrounding our property, our viewing site is a bit small. Can you just imagine what it will be like for you and Reagan to watch your first meteor shower together under that "big, open sky"? I envy you that! But I still love my trees! They are my friends when I need one, a shelter when a storm comes, shade when I need comfort, even food if squirrels like Rusty leave the hazelnuts on them long enough for me to get one! Sort of like God, huh? A Friend, a Shelter, my Comfort, and my Daily Bread. Find something in that big, open sky to grab onto to lead you to the One Who will always be there for you when you need Him.
And remember you have friends you never have to say goodbye to; we're just an e-mail away!
Love and prayers to you, my "adopted daughter."
Cathy