Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Full Week in Texas

Has it really been a week? I can't believe that just a week and I was coming to the realization that my parents were about ready to leave the next day. Today was completely different.
A lot has happened in the last week. First off Mom and Dad left on Wednesday and I was very much amazed at how well I did. I have been kept so busy that I haven't had the time to even think about what it is that I should be thinking about. Or what people think I should be thinking about.
On Wednesday we spent most of the afternoon at Nana Joyce's house, Aka, the house that Reagan and I are buying, while we waited for the moving van who happened to be two hours late.
That night we went out looking for a car for me. We found a really nice car, but we couldn't do anything about it until the next day because the car lot was closed for the night.
The next day we went back after Reagan and I spent the morning at Reagan's Job interview and then in the afternoon we went to a Jewlers where we picked out our wedding bands. I can't wait until I see what the jewler thought up. They are going to be beautiful!
On Thursday we spent from 3:30 until sometime after 6 getting the car and that night I drove off with a gold Honda Accord.
It has a lot of bells and whistles like a 6 CD changer, auto air, seat heaters and a sun roof. I can also change the channels on the steering wheel.
It's a pretty awesome car.
Then the fun part began. After I got my insurance I started to drive around the city. Let me tell you that it is not easy driving in this city. Of course one of the biggest problems is you have to loop around just so that you can go the opposite side of highway. Ah but maps are wonderful things! Someone left a map in my new car and after I had looked at it for a while everything clicked and started to make a whole lot more sense then what I had that it was in the first place.
On Friday Reagan and I took Brittney and Brianna to Chick fil A and had milkshakes and watched the girls play in the play place.
Saturday We spent the entire afternoon doing our Registry. We now have to go on and fix my mistakes. I am so marrying a child. You should have seen Reagan as I attempted to show and explain to him what certain things were. He was so cute!
Sunday was spent enjoying a very long and much needed nap. I think my body has now gotten used to Central time.
Monday was spent with family, celebrating Labor Day. I had a lot of fun with the girls. By the time we left, I was once again very tired.
Today was a crazy day!
Reagan excepted a job in a near by city so now I am in the process of getting a job in the area because I will have to drive him to work every day. I really hate online applications. They drive me to distraction.
At least we did something fun today. Reagan took me to the mall and we walked around for several hours. At one point I looked out the door and realized that it had been pouring rain. I asked if it was unusual to have rain this time of year and I was told that this was actually the beginning of the rainy season. It's been pouring rain since the afternoon.
Now it is time to finish for the night. I have been writing this in between applications and I'm tired.
Let's hope that tomorrow goes a lot better.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I guess you have reason to be tired! Girl, you are busy!!! I'm glad you fell in love with the Texas sky ... :-) Texas is so big, it has as many weather patterns as the rest of the country! Looking forward to more pics as you have time to post.