Sunday, December 09, 2007

Tag Your it.

1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper although when I want to be lazy I use bags.
2) Real tree or artificial? Artificial..I would prefer a real tree. But then money doesn't grow on trees.
3) When do you put up your tree? Usually the weekend after my birthday, this year it was the day after.
4) When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas, just as long as it is down before the New Years Eve Party.
5) Do you like eggnog? Don't even thing about putting that stuff near me.
6) Favorite gift received as a child? I have no idea
7) Do you have a Nativity scene? My mom as several, but I am looking for my own family heirloom.
8) The hardest person to buy for? My Dad
9) The easiest person to buy for? Caylin and Katiann
10) The worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cheap O toys that are worth a dollar.
11) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail. Even though I love emails, Christmas cards are so much more personable.
12) Favorite Christmas movie? The Miracle at Bourex
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? End of October, Beginning of November
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have other than from the White Elephant Christmas Party.
15) Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Ginger Cream Cookies and Homemade Fudge.
16) Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
17) Favorite Christmas song? I Wonder as I Wander and What Child is This
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually end up at my Grandmother's house.
19) Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Sure Can and I don't have to sing the song to do it.
20) Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas day
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people say Happy Holidays and write Merry xmas. Grrr!
23) What is the "corniest" family tradition you do or miss doing?We through Wrapping Paper at each other.
24) Ugliest Christmas decorations ever invented? Totally the Blowup Lawn Decorations hands down.
25) Which looks the best...theme trees or homey trees? Homey
26) What does Christmas mean to you? A God who was willing to come down to earth as a baby and grow up knowing that he would one day die for the sins of the whole world.
Who ever reads this has been tagged and most either write the answer in their own blogs or send an answer on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? bags.
2) Real tree or artificial? a real tree
3) When do you put up your tree? Whenever we decide to. We have no set tradition.
4) When do you take the tree down? Anytime after A___ Family Christmas. It could be when they are all still here (to take advantage of the help . . .)
5) Do you like eggnog? yup
6) Favorite gift received as a child? I think that I had several, including some musical instruments
7) Do you have a Nativity scene? at least two good-sized ones: one is all white and one is color
8) The hardest person to buy for? my husband, as he is like me -- can't seem to think of anything he wants or would like to have
9) The easiest person to buy for? my parents
10) The worst Christmas gift you ever received? can't recall, although there must have been some, since there are a variety of sources and parties I have gotten gifts at
11) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? both
12) Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I begin to figure out what I am getting who AND I know whose name I have for A___ Family Christmas and for E___ Family Christmas
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? for White Elephant and for Christmas auctions
15) Favorite things to eat at Christmas? almost anything
16) Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, although it changes every few years.
17) Favorite Christmas song? I love several selections from Handel's Messiah as well as some selections from the cantatas we have sung at church -- if I hear recordings of any of those and I am in my car, I turn the volume way up AND I sing my guts out -- provided there are no people within hearing range!
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? start out at home and then travel about 10 miles to the relatives
19) Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Yup, including Rudolph
20) Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both, and even before
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? Decorating and store promo's beginning November 1
23) What is the "corniest" family tradition you do or miss doing? I can't think of anything corny we did
24) Ugliest Christmas decorations ever invented? the blow-up lawn decorations
25) Which looks the best...theme trees or "home-y" trees? "home-y"
26) What does Christmas mean to you? God Incarnate, willing to come down to earth, take on humanness, knowing that He would die for the sins of the whole world.