Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting

Did you vote today?
I hope you did. It is our God given right as Americans and Christians to vote. I fear that too few Christians find any importance in voting. I refuse to listen to a person who complains about what the government is doing and yet they didn't exercise their rights and freedoms to try to vote the person they wanted into office.
"Did you vote today?" You ask me. Those of you who know me know that I hate to get up any earlier than I have to, but I got up early today and was the 76 voter from my town to vote at 8:30 in the morning before I went work at 9 because I knew I had to. I wanted to make sure I was able to vote today because I worked a 12 hour shift. I have voted in Every election since I turned 18 and voted absentee for 4 years while I was in School. I even gave my freshman persuasive speech on why we as Christians need to vote.
I have yet to hear of the results, but I do know that it may not be what I want to see, and I know that I did my best by flipping those little tabs down on the people I wanted to see elected.
Only God knows what the Future holds but I do know he is still in control.

No comments: