Monday, November 17, 2008

It's that Time of year again

I don't know about you, but I think this year has gone by really fast. Last year at this time I was trying to figure out how to tell my family about Reagan. As crazy as it sounds, I wasn't even sure what I was going to tell them. I didn't know if they were going to believe me or not.
But even so, we have once again come around to my favorite time of year. This year however it is going to be totally different.
This year I am going to Earth, Texas that is, instead of celebrating it with the Westcott side of the fam.
It going to be very strange, but I can tell you that I am really looking forward to celebrating it with my new family. It is just as big and just as crazy as my other half of the family.
I really love Thanksgiving. I don't really know why. It might have something to do with celebrating it with family althroughout my growing up years. I can't say that I can remember a Thanksgiving I didn't love to go to.
But most of all as I have said in the past, I really love Thanksgiving, because the retailers haven't picked up on to how they can commercialize it. Sure they can sell their turkey's and food for the dinner table, they can even think of nothing else but football, but let me tell you, Thanksgiving doesn't have the same tone that so many other holiday's (Christmas most especially) seem to have developed over the years.
Christmas isn't Christmas anymore, it's Greedmas or Xmas (YUCK!!!!!). Easter isn't Easter anymore it's Bunny day. People find any way they can to make people want to buy buy buy and forget what the real meaning of the season is.
Of course I am not going to stop here with out mentioning my biggest pet peeve of Thanksgiving. Turkey Day! No WAYY! Thanksgiving never had anything to do with Turkey's in the first place. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly they didn't even have Turkey on the first Thanksgiving it should really be called Seafood day or Deer day, because that it was they ate. How about this one happy Berry day!
See, none of those kinds of sayings work, so why in the world would Turkey Day work.
It's more of a case that a punch of Turkey's got together one day and thought that someone ought to celebrate them so they stole the real meaning of Thanksgiving and twisted it to celebrate themselves. Pooh on them. Theirs a reason the Bald Eagle was made the National bird and not the Turkey like a lot of people wanted.
So to all of you out there who love Thanksgiving as much as I do, Happy Thanksgiving.
For all of you out there who call it Turkey day, Happy Thanksgiving. I don't plan on mincing any words just to make you happy. It was Thanksgiving, it is Thanksgiving, and it always will be Thanksgiving.
Let's all thank God this Thanksgiving that He has helped us through another year. I am sure it wasn't easy for anyone. I know it sure wasn't an easy year for me, but as I told Reagan. "I don't want my life to be easy. If my life was easy I would look back ten years from now and not see myself change. With the Challenges that I know God has put before me this year I know without a doubt that next year at this time I can look back and say I have changed. With the many challenges and hardships I know God will send my way this coming year and can look back at my life a year from now and now that God has changed me and that I have changed for the better."
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: