Monday, June 09, 2008

A Week of Cruising- Tuesday


May 27, 2008
Port Canaveral
8AM
" Psalm 8:1,3
'O Lord our Lord, How excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heavens... When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained. What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?'
9:40 AM
DO you know how dangerous it is to do your Bible reading on deck? I was reading my Bible and writing in my journal when a man came over and started talking to me about God and our purpose in life. I had told him I was reading about how God created everything we see and how beautiful it is. He wouldn't believe me and he wouldn't listen so while he was telling me that there is no God, but hat we are all god I just nodded and listened realizing I wouldn't be able to change his mind.
Of course he really though he had changed my mind and now I don't believe the Bible. As he doesn't know me, he doesn't know that I have to believe in God because without Him there is nothing to live for."
It was most definitely and interesting morning for me. Even before breakfast. This Russian Guy named Alex came over and had this very interesting conversation with me. I had decided almost right away that 8 in the morning was too early for him to have a glass of wine which he sat drinking the entire time he talked to me. By the time I finished talking to him, I was bound and determined to pray for him. He was totally messed up and really sounded as if he had nothing at all to live for and yet he refused to believe that there was a God at all. He informed me that everything we see, we make up ourselves. (How we do that I really don't know. . . ) I informed him that I would pray for him. When Laura came up for breakfast she sat at the table with him while I got my breakfast. He pointed at my Bible that was sitting on table and informed Laura that "She (meaning me) does not believe that book anymore."
Laura looked at him strangely and said "Pretty sure that's not the friend I know!"
If you think of him, pray for him. He told me he has about 2 years left to live. He has cancer. I am praying that he realizes that there really is a God that loves and cares deeply for him.

Despite the strange start to the day, it was a wonderful day. We were headed for Disney's Epcot Center for a fun filled afternoon of a whole lot of walking.
We docked a few hours ahead of time and Laura and I decided to check out Deck 7. Did we every get a show!
From where we were we could see NASA several miles away.
Laura and I were enjoying looking at the colors of the water like we usually did. Sea gulls and a Pelican flew around the water dipping in and out of the water.
Then up out of the water, what should we see but a dolphin!
We were so excited. I was really hoping to see one up close like that, and there he was showing off for everyone on the ship who wanted to watch. But the real surprise came when out from underneath the ship came three very large Manatees. Beautiful creatures! I have never even seen one in captivity so to see one in the wild was pretty amazing.

We spent the afternoon in Epcot doing a "World Tour" I wish we had had more time because we really only got to highlight all the different countries.

First we took a ride in Spaceship Earth. If you go to Epcot, make sure you go on that. It is really neat.
We ate lunch in Morocco, which later left Laura and I not feeling the greatest.
Any time we saw a crushed penny machine, Laura had to stop and make a handful of them. I would just roll my eyes and hold the ones she did.

I ended up buying Chopsticks in Japan, a Shirt in Mexico, Ice cream in France, and Popcorn in Canada.
We also had a training mission to Mars. We also went in search of Nemo and ended up in a large Aquarium filled with everything from Dolphins, to Sharks, to Stingrays, to Tuna.
We ended the day with a trip to Mouse Gears where I bought Christmas Presents for the girls and Mouse Ears. In the processes I promptly lost my sunglasses. I think the heat was getting to me or something because all day I had problems remembering what I did with stuff or just being afraid I miss placed it I guess.
By the time 7 o'clock came around We were both very tired. I ended up with a blister on my foot which was actually gone by the next day. Around six-thirty I made a special phone call to a very Special person and talked to him while we headed for a place to eat supper and the tram to take us back to the bus.
It was so good to sit down.
We didn't get to see the sunset on the ship, but we did get to see it as we were on the bus headed back to the ship.
It was a tiring, but good day.

No comments: