Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autumn and Indian Summer

I can't believe the leaves on the trees are almost gone. We hardly had a good full color at all this year. Just when it started getting bright we had rain. I think the leaves this year are different then most years. Usually the leaves are pretty as a whole, but when you put them together they just don't seem that pretty. This year the individual leaves are a lot prettier for some reason.
I picked up a leaf the other day and it had red, orange, yellow and green slattered all over it. It looked like one of those artists that take a paint brush and let the paint drip off onto the canvas.

I love to read. It is one of my passions. Some of my favorite books are ones written by Janette Oke. But there is just one thing in almost EVERY one of her books that drives me crazy. Close to every year her heroines have Indian summer. What I want to know is why don't we have Indian summer. We had three Vabulous days of warm weather inwhich I took the opportunity to read outside for three hours, but I wouldn't call that Indian summer. Just some nice warm days.
I still want to know what indian summer is. Right anyway.
I love how the weather changes here so fast. One minute we have nice warm, 70 degree weather and the next minute the word snow rips through the forcast. EEEKKKKK!
Mom put up the birdfeeder two days ago and already more than half of the seed has been eaten. That usually means that we are going to have a good spell coming. I could feel and smell it in the air tonight while walking home from church. The wind has been blowing pretty hard calling on the trees to bend to it's will. Tonight would have been the perfect night to go for a hay ride with warm coats and maybe a mug of hot cocoa in hand. UMM! Makes my hungry. Of course it is time for me to hit the sack. Sleep didn't come easy for me last night. I was reading an awesome pirate book and had to stop right when their was an explostion and a fire. Should have read the next chapter. At least I finished the book tonight, but the problem is it was a part one book and the book was just published this year. I now may have to wait until next year to find out what happened to the polliwogs Jolly and Munk.
Rats! I need to stop reading books that I can't get them next book to. Someday I am going to write a wonderful story and then leave everyone hanging until the next book. It would serve all those writes right if they read my book and had to wait a year or two for the conclusion. HEE HEE HEE!

No comments: